- Monitoring report covering the period from July to December 2020
- Monitoring report covering the period from January to June 2020
- Monitoring report covering the period from July to December 2019
- Monitoring report covering the period from January to June 2019
- Monitoring report covering the period from July to December 2018
Cybersecurity risks in Europe are dramatically increasing: cyberespionage, cybercrime and theft of personal data are amongst the more pressing threats to the European society and economy. In the meanwhile, the development of European cyber technologies and of a cybersecurity industry is an opportunity for economic growth and job creation. Yet, cybersecurity in Europe is a nascent market still fragmented.
The aim of the partnership “Cybersecurity Smart Regions” is to develop interregional cooperation in order to:
- create synergies among the existing specialized regions in cybersecurity
- facilitate the development of EU cybersecurity value chain
- address the challenges that hamper commercialisation of existing and new products and services in Europe
- foster business investment on cybersecurity.
National and regional authorities and representatives from the quadruple helix involved in this partnership have already developed a wide range of activities supporting cybersecurity development. Indeed, strengthening cyber local ecosystems in Europe has a fundamental role in structuring the still “young” European sector.
In this context, this partnership aims to foster cooperation between already existing mature ecosystems which has defined cybersecurity as a priority of their Strategy for Smart Specialisation (S3).
Developing the cybersecurity sector and providing mechanisms for regions to cooperate and engage industry, academia and end-users is forefront to the success of this partnership and of the EU as a whole.
Results of the mapping
The result of the mapping exercise is available here: tools.bdi.fr/annu_craft/cybersecurity.html?dashboard=1
- "Multi-level Governance in Cybersecurity: What Role for the European Regions?" Kaklauskaitė, M., European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO), 2020.
- COVID-19 Cybersecurity Response Package - An ECSO Cyber Solidarity Campaign
- ECSO Position Paper: The role of the regions in strengthening the European Union’s cyber security, 2021
List of regions involved
List of projects under development
Pilot project: Interregional acceleration programme for local cyber security scaleups.
Contact details of the leading region
Annie Audic (firstname.lastname@example.org), Maison de la Bretagne Europe
Danilo D’Elia (email@example.com), European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO)